Replacing an object
You can replace the object that a container references. For example, you can replace one IFX with another. If you replace an object, all position, scale, rotation, and keyframe information is retained. However, settings that are specific to an object, such as animation overrides, are not retained.
This process is often used with the clone tool. For example, you could animate an IFX, clone it, and then change the IFX object.
To replace an object, complete the following steps:
- 1.Select the object.
- 2.Choose one of the following options:
- Select the cog icon on the timeline container.
- Select IFX options on the left-hand side of the editor panel.
- 3.In the Current Effect Options window, select Effect.
- 4.Choose the type of object that you want to use.
- 5.Select the replacement.
- 6.In the Current Effect Options window, select SAVE EFFECT.