Setting your height
If you use a VR headset, it's important that you set your avatar's height to match your real-world height. ENGAGE uses tracking information from your headset and hand controllers to create an accurate representation of your movements. This not only ensures that the view from your headset matches the eyeline of your avatar, but is also used for calculations such as your avatar's arm length.
If you need to change the height of your avatar, for example, because people of different heights use the same VR headset, then you can use one of the following methods.
- 1.On the menu screen of the ENGAGE app, select My Avatar.
- 2.On the avatar selection screen, select Edit.
- 3.Select the Body category, and then select the Body subcategory.
- 4.Select the Height field.
- 5.In the Set User Height window, enter your real-world height. You can also change between metric and imperial measurements.
- 6.Select Confirm, select Exit, and then select Save & Continue.
- 1.Open your menu or tablet. If you use a VR headset, press the appropriate button on your hand controller. If you use the desktop app, press the Esc key on the keyboard. For more information, and instructions for other devices, see Accessing your menu.
- 2.On the side menu, select the Settings icon ().
- 3.On the Settings page, select Set Height.
- 4.On the Set Height page, select Change.
- 5.Enter your real-world height. You can also change between metric and imperial measurements.
- 6.Select Save Height, and then close your menu or tablet.
- 2.In the menu, select Profile.
- 3.On your profile page, select EDIT PROFILE.
- 4.In the Height field, enter your real-world height. You can also change between metric and imperial measurements.
- 5.Select UPDATE PROFILE.