Adding a fade transition
You can add a fade transition at any point in your sequence. You can customize how long the screen remains black, and the duration of the fade-out and fade-in transitions.
- 1.From the panel on the left-hand side, selectIFX.
- 2.From the library of IFX, select Fade to Color.
- 3.Place the IFX in the environment. The position of the IFX isn't important.
The IFX library also includes a Fade to Black for User Camera Screen IFX. However the Fade to Color IFX provides improved functionality and is recommended in all cases.
Chroma key screen color picker option
- To set the transition color, select Choose Color, select a color in the Color Picker, and then select OK.
You control the transition times through the length of the container on the timeline, and through the Fade In and Fade Out effect options, as shown in the following image:
- The fade will begin at the start of the container, and last for the duration set by the Fade In effect option.
- After the Fade In duration, the screen will remain the color that you have chosen until the end of the container.
- The fade-out of the color will begin at the end of the container, and last for the duration set by the Fade Out effect option.