Editing a recording
You can edit a recording and then save the new version with a different file name.
To edit a recording, complete the following steps:
- 1.Open your menu or tablet, and then select Recording.
- 2.On the Recording page, select Device.
- 3.Select a recording.
- 4.On the recording information screen, select Load.
- 5.In the Load Recording window, select Edit recording.
There are three options on the Edit recording page. See the sections below for more information.
You can replace the audio that's associated with the main user in the recording. If the replacement audio is longer than the original audio, the end of the replacement audio will be cut off. You can't extend the length of the recording.
To replace the main voice, complete the following steps:
- 1.In the Edit recording window, select Replace Main Voice.
- 2.In the Replace Main Voice window, select Select Audio File.
- 3.Browse to and select the audio file.
- 4.In the file information window, you can select the play icon to preview the audio. To confirm that you want to use this file, select Load.
- 5.Optional: In the Replace Main Voice window, enter a number in the Audio Offset field. This is the number of seconds of delay to add to the start of the audio.
- 6.Select Replace Audio.
- 7.After the process completes, select Continue.
After you replace the main voice, see the section below to save your changes.
You can edit a recording to remove avatars, turn off their IFX, and perform other tasks.
- In the Edit recording window, select Edit avatars.
Each avatar that's included in the recording is represented by a panel. For information about the available settings, see the following table.
- 1.In the Edit recording window, select Save changes.
- 2.In the Save Recording window, enter a new file name, and then select Save.
- 3.You return to the Load Recording window for the recording that you loaded. Select Cancel.